When a mother or father is filing a Petition to Establish Paternity or defending themselves from a petition that is filed, the parent's attorney will need to address the legal and emotional aspects of the case.

The same is true when a parent is looking to make post-judgment modifications to the prior court order due to a substantial change in circumstances. A party may seek to modify the prior judgment or court order in order to change timesharing, to modify child support, to request additional contribution to the children’s living and educational expenses, to relocate with the minor children out-of-county, or to enforce the prior order due to a parent’s non-compliance.

In many original paternity actions, the first requirement may be a DNA test to confirm the identity of the minor child’s father. Once the father-child relationship is established, the court will order child support and a timesharing schedule.

It is important that you have an experienced family law attorney. The initial consultation is the opportunity to determine if you feel comfortable on a personal level with your attorney. Contact The Bostick Law Firm at 407-483-1140 to discuss your legal rights and options related to your paternity case, including, but not limited to:

  • Initial filing of the Petition to Establish Paternity
  • Timesharing
  • Child Support
  • Contribution to Extracurricular Expenses,
  • Uninsured Medical Expenses,
  • Daycare Expenses
  • Disclosure of Assets
  • Domestic Violence, substance abuse or mental health issues
  • Enforcement of Prior Orders & Judgments
  • Post-Judgment Modifications
  • Contribution to Attorneys’ Fees